Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Big Girl, you (and I) are beautiful

I've been doing a lot of thinking for the past few days. Am I happy with my size? Not at all. Do I wish I could just trade in my body for the one I want? Without a doubt. But...I don't have that option. All I can do is improve the one I have. I can whine and be depressed about it, or I can accept it (and myself) as it's transforming.

I'm not a monster. I'm a young, energetic, funny, charming and sensual woman. Why should I be ashamed of myself just because I'm not a size 2? That's a load of crap. This was the body I was given, and damn it I should love it like the body I want. Will I feel like this every day? No. But if I just make the effort to tell myself that I'm beautiful and worth just as much as someone smaller, well that's half the battle.

I'm big...but I'm still beautiful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment